Advanced Technology and Techniques
The SERVPRO® Advantage to Advanced Technology and Techniques
In addition to our water and fire cleaning services, SERVPRO® of Elizabeth City/Outer Banks offers residential and commercial services in mold, electronics, textiles, and document cleaning and restoration. Our equipment with the help of our technicians helps create a science to our cleaning services called Psychrometry. This science is possible because of our professional and commercial grade equipment, our air movers, air scrubbers, and dehumidifiers we use to combat water, fire, and mold damage.
Trained & Certified Employees
The ability to perform and to commit to our cleaning services, requires continued training and dedication to the craft. Our technicians learn how to use our equipment which allows them to perform their water or fire damage cleanup and restoration job more professionally, more quickly and more efficiently. Our keeping up with this advanced technology and techniques are what help to quickly make your house feel like home again and get your business doors open.
IICRC (The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification)
Our company is an IICRC restoration business. “The mission of the IICRC is to establish and advance globally recognized standards and certifications for the inspection, cleaning, restoration and installation industries.”
Our SERVPRO® Techs become certified with the IICRC and are required to complete industry standard validation for every job. This certification helps to assure our customers that our employees know how to properly and successfully use the equipment for restoration and cleaning.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.