Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
Water flood damage cleanup requires certified IICRC trained professionals whom you can call anytime night or day and count on to be on site quickly. A fast response from you SERVPRO of Elizabeth City/Outer Banks professionals help to prevent further destruction of your home or business and helps keep down the restoration costs.
When faced with a water loss, your first thought might be to call your insurance company, however, your insurance company would prefer that you call a water damage restoration company first to begin the cleanup process immediately. You do want to call your insurance company to file a claim once the cleanup process is in operation. Our SERVPRO estimator assesses the water damage and communicates with your insurance adjuster throughout the entire claim process. Our administrative and SERVPRO Contents and Electronics team ensure that your salvageable items are inventoried, returned cleaned and restored to their preloss condition.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (252) 331-7889
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Elizabeth City / Outer banks arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.